Thursday, December 29, 2011

All the Bank Stocks That I Track

For all the Canadian bank stock I follow, I have shown the link to my blog entries. The first blog entry should help you answer the questions of whether or not you might like to invest in the stock.

The 2nd blog entry deals with its current price, but you can compare the past median values to current ones to see if you would want to invest in it today. For example, you can compare current P/E Ratios from financial sites to the median P/E Ratios given in my blog. The G&M and Reuter can both give you current ratios. For Reuter, use TO after the stock symbol to find stock listings for Canadian companies. For Bank of Montreal would be the symbol of “BMO.TO”.

For a dividend paying stock portfolio, you might want to buy safer Utilities and financial stocks first. See my site for information on setting up a portfolio. Also, Industrial stocks cover a wide field of endeavors. One definition is “in stock market vernacular, general, catch-all category including firms producing or distributing goods and services that are not classified as utility, consumer, or financial companies”.

Bank of Montreal (TSX-BMO, NYSE-BMO). The 5 year median dividend yield is 4.85%. This is the highest 5 year median yield of all the Canadian banks. This is the only one of the big 5 not to increased dividends this year. The DPRs, especially for Cash Flow are expected to be much more reasonable in 2012. Stock is selling at a relatively good price. For my blog entries dated December 2011, click here or here.

Royal Bank (TSX-RY, NYSE-RY). The 5 year median dividend yield is 3.92%. They restarted dividend increases in 2011 with an 8% increase. DPRs seem good. Stock price is relatively good also. For my blog entries dated December 2011, click here or here.

TD Bank (TSX-TD, NYSE-TD). The 5 year median dividend yield is 3.67%. They restarted dividend increases this year and did two increases. Total increase in Dividends for 2011 is 11.5%. DPRs are fine. Stock price is relatively low for this stock. For my blog entries dated December 2011, click here or here.

Bank of Nova Scotia (TSX-BNS, NYSE-BNS). The 5 year median dividend yield is 3.9%. They raised the dividends this year by 6.1%. DPRs are fine. Stock is also relatively cheap. For my blog entries dated December 2011, click here or here.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my website for stocks followed and investment notes. Follow me on twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Susan,

    Thank you for your review of the banks. They are very helpful for me. I wish you the best in 2012 in everything you do.

    MML

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the best site for me. I have learned a great deal from your posts. Happy and prosperous 2012. I looked at the article on setting up a portfolio and felt 10,000/stock before buying another one is high for me and I still wants to do this anyway! Thanks again. D

    ReplyDelete