Monday, August 10, 2009

What will Happen in the Fall

What I have been doing today is updating my index to stocks I have blogged on since I first started this investment blog. See my spreadsheet at www.spbrunner.com/stocks/indexport.htm.

I have added a couple more columns to this index. These have to do with the analysts’ consensus recommendations for stock. See my site for information on analyst ratings. The first new column is called “Recom”
And it contains the consensus recommendation. The next two columns cover the date of that consensus recommendation in month and year format. You need to know when the consensus recommendation was made as the market can change over time.

Why was I interested in updating this spreadsheet with this information? Well, the fall is not far away now, and almost 9 years out of 10 years, the market takes a tumble in the fall, especially in either November or October. However, these tumbles can come as early as September. I want to be ready. I have not been doing any buying lately, because I am holding back to see what the fall brings. If you buying stocks, you should pay attention to the seasonality of the market. Most of the time, the best time to buy stocks is in the fall. If you do this, you will be right more often than not.

I track quite a number of stocks and I also own quite a number. I felt that the consensus recommendations and the date of these recommendations would be a good addition to my spreadsheet. Just that a bit more information to help me more efficiently and effectively find a stock I might want to buy.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my website at www.spbrunner.com/stocks.html for a list of the stocks for which I have put up spreadsheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment