Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Organic Resource Management 2

As I said yesterday, I bought this stock in 1997 (TSX-ORI) and it did not do too badly at first, but since that time it has lost money quite steadily. The problem with small caps is the lack of information on them. There is often very few to no analyst following a small cap stock. The only place I have found to provide small cap information on a Canadian Stock is http://agoracom.com/.

For this stock there was some insider selling in December 2007, as tax liability money was needed. Lately, there has been some insider buying. During the past year, this stock has done as well as the TSX Small Cap Index. However, if you look at the 3 year, 5 year and 10 year periods, this stock has done much worse than the TSX Small Cap Index. Over the past year, 3 year, 5 year and 10 year periods, the TSX Small Cap Index has done much worse than the TSX.

Since there has been a restructuring of this stock in December 2007, it is too soon to tell what might happen. The only reason I still have this stock is that it is worth so little, that it not worthwhile selling. I am also interested to see what happens to this stock eventually. I will pay attention to this stock, at least yearly if I have some.

I have lately bought a dividend paying small cap called Computer Modelling Group Ltd, which I have already talked about, and will have another look at it tomorrow. I want to check to see how it is holding up during this difficult market.

The Company’s core business is the regularly scheduled collection of non-hazardous liquid organic residuals. It collects, processes and recycles these wastes. Its site is at www.ormi.com/ormi/. See my spreadsheet at www.spbrunner.com/stocks/ori.htm. I have reloaded my spreadsheet with new current Closing Price. There is nothing else to put there as I have just updated it for the Annual Report of June 2008.

This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and is not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional. See my website at www.spbrunner.com/stocks.html for a list of the stocks for which I have put up spreadsheets on my web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment