Monday, May 26, 2008

My Disclaimer is True

This is my disclaimer. This blog is meant for educational purposes only, and not to provide investment advice. Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research or consult an investment professional.

Especially relevant is “Before making any investment decision, you should always do your own research”. Read what others say. Does it make sense to you? You should never, ever, invest in a stock because someone else thinks it is a good idea. You should never, ever, invest in anything that you do not understand. This is how people get into trouble. Our current financial problems point to this.

You will find many places on the internet where there are buy, sell, or hold calls given on stocks. The problem I find with this is they never say why they are making the calls they are. Sometime, they include estimates for earnings and revenue. This helps a bit. I do my trading with TD Waterhouse, and as a result of having an account with them, I can view their stock reports. I understand that most banks in Canada have such things available for their customers with trading accounts.

Remember that no one cares about your money as much as you do.

And now that I have figured out how to show my spreadsheets via this blog, I can put up others besides the one I have done for SNC Lavalin.

No comments:

Post a Comment